MEAL PREP - Pumpkin Cranberry Granola Bars
Granola bars are a staple snack and making them at home is an easy way to cut back on your household's use of disposable packaging. Try out the below recipe to make your own pumpkin cranberry chocolate granola bars.
- 1 cup peanut/cashew/almond butter OR tahini for nut free school friendly option
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heaping 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2½ cups whole rolled oats
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips (non-vegan are fine too!)
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper both ways (one piece vertically with paper hanging over the edge and the same horizontally.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the nut butter/tahini, honey, vanilla, and salt, until smooth.
3. Add the dry ingredients and keep stirring - it takes a while to really get everything to come together so don't give up early
4. Pour the mixture into the pan and use parchment paper and a flat surface (like the bottom of a glass) to ensure it is evenly pressed into the pan quite firmly
5. Chill in the fridge for two hours and slice and enjoy! Store in the fridge for future snacking.
Note: as long as the portions remain approximately the same, you can swap out any dry ingredients to try something new (raisins, almonds, seeds, nuts, etc)