Vegan Curry Meal Prep
As part of our Meals that Heal series, we had the pleasure of creating a few different versions of vegan curry. This hearty flavorful recipe is very filling without being overwhelming. The perfect mid day meal for lunch at home or on the go. The combination of ginger, onion, and healing spices combine to arm your immune system against the aches and pains of a winter cold.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 chopped carrots
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste + 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh spinach, packed, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet with high walls, over medium heat, add oil. Add onion and cook until softened. Toss in garlic, thyme and ginger to cook for an additional minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and carrots and cook for 5 minutes to soften.
- Mix together tomato paste and water and add in with all the spices and a tablespoon of oil.
- Stir in coconut milk and stock until mixture is well combined. Add in chickpeas and bring to a simmer. Allow curry to simmer for 20-25 minutes to reduce and become creamy
- Stir in fresh spinach and cilantro to wilt and gently cook until ready 1 – 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the side of your choice or pack to enjoy on the go!